Summerhill Market is a boutique grocery store chain in Toronto that specializes in scratch-made prepared foods and on-trend ingredients. Our stores go above and beyond a typical grocery store by offering an extensive rotating selection of ready to eat gourmet meals, freshly baked goodies, and curated hard to find groceries.
Summerhill Market is looking for an Assistant Bakery Mixer, to help us prepare the baked goods that our customers love! As an Assistant Bakery Mixer, you will mix doughs and batters, by following specific recipes that require scooping and portioning out ingredients, working closely with all members of the production team. In this role, you may also be required to perform baking duties as required.
- Scooping, measuring, and scaling batters, doughs, and mixes into specified portions prior to baking
- Following recipes provided by the Pastry Chef as well as following specific production schedule
- Weighing and scaling pastry ingredients for specific recipes
- Proper use of equipment such as mixer, sheeter, pie press, oven and stove top
- Unpacking and storing supplies in refrigerators, cupboards, and all other areas
- Ensure safety hazards are removed and/or reported
- Maintaining a clean working environment at all times
- Understanding of workplace safety as well as food safety and handling
- Performing other duties as may be
- Ability to work well with others and be part of a team
- Proper rotation of ingredients and inventory
- Ability to use scales to weigh foods and proper operation of equipment
- Assist as required with packaging and pricing
- Expert knowledge of products, preparation, and safe handling
- Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push, and pull items weighing up to 50 pounds or less
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends, and
If this sounds like the role for you, we offer some pretty cool perks!
- Awesome discount on everything we sell!
- Weekly Pay
- Easily accessible locations
- Company-paid benefits for Full-Time Associates after 1 year of Employment
At Summerhill Market, we are an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages diversity in the workplace. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and Employees and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or any other characteristic protected by local law. Should you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please email your resume to: