Prepare meals in accordance with portion and quality standards specified in recipes. Control food for a respective section(s) usage to minimize waste.
Looking for a career change? Join one of Canada’s most successful and multicultural Hospitality companies, that strives to take your talent to the next level. With 19 hotels owned and managed by Easton’s Group of Hotels, and a further 6 in development, your passion, collaboration, and voice will be an excellent addition to our growing Organization. As a company, we strive to provide exceptional benefits, perks, and growth opportunities to all our employees.
If you have a passion for exceptional service delivery, are results driven and appreciate the recognition, Easton’s is your career partner of choice.
The Easton's team believes that excellence is achievable only in an environment that embraces and promotes Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I). Our company is challenging the way we work, think, and develop an inclusive workplace. Our commitment to ED&I allows us to achieve our vision and mission and ensure a more equitable future for all.
About the Hotel:
Courtyard & Towne Place Suites Toronto Northeast Markham is a 229-room, duel branded hotel, owned and operated by Easton's Group of Hotels. Located on the border of Scarborough and Markham, it is easily accessible by TTC and YRT, and it is in close proximity to Finch Station, Don Mills Station, Hwy 404, 401, and 407.
The hotel features a restaurant and bar with over 850 square feet of banquet space.
What will you be doing?
• Prepare meals for respective section(s) (restaurant, outlets, etc.) and assist in all kitchen activities to
ensure that guests receive high quality food items in a timely manner. Coordinate the smooth service
in relation to the pass and pick-up of food.
• Organize the day’s prepping for the cooks and restaurants; supervise line set-up and prepping.
• Advise supervisor of low inventory items or may order necessary food items. Assist in receiving items
and taking inventory as needed.
• Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and
local Health Board inspection and hotel requirements.
• Report all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
• Assist in the training of kitchen staff; ensure that all cook’s duties have been performed during shift.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other
departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Outlets,
Maintenance, and Guest Services. May occasionally interact directly with guests.
• Ability to perform functions with minimal supervision.
• May assist by performing ware washer/dishwasher or other kitchen duties as needed.
• May assist with other duties as assigned.
• In carrying out your duties you will follow all Company and Brand Standards
What are the requirements for this role?
• High school diploma or equivalent, plus 2 year of experience in food preparation, or equivalent
combination of education and food preparation experience.
• Communication skills (written and oral) are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with
the other cooks, wait staff, guests, and supervisors.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in
the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when keeping track of inventory.
• This person utilizes problem solving and reasoning abilities.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
• Must be able to multitask, and work independently.
• May be required to work nights, weekends and/or holidays.
• This job requires ability to perform the following: Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office area, Remain stationary for extended periods of time, Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds, Handling objects, products and computer equipment
• Food Handler certification is a requirement for this position.
• Smart Serve certification, and First Aid certification are assets but not required.
$17.71 during probationary period. $18.64. After successfully passing probation.
- Employee Social Events
- On-Site Parking
- Potential Career Development
- Discounted Staff Meals
- Hotel Discounts at Marriott Properties
- Plus other benefits as outlined in job offer