Do you have experience working as a cook in a commercial establishment or on board a ship? Do you have the ability to work well with others? The Coast Guard is looking for a cook like you to fill a position on board its ships. You will be responsible for preparing all meals and performing all kitchen-related duties. Are you interested?
Why Work with Us?
The Cook position will allow you to:
- Join a dynamic team that are passionate about their work;
- Work in a non-routine, challenging and rewarding work environment;
- Have a variety of experiences;
- Take advantage of generous vacation benefits; maternity, paternity, adoption, sick and family-related leave;
- Contribute to one of the best retirement plans in Canada, and enjoy excellent health and dental insurance coverage.
- English Essential (Ontario), French Essential (Québec)
- Valid TC Ship’s Cook Certification OR Provincial Standard (Red Seal) OR Successful completion of Vocational diploma (DEP) in cooking or pastry.
- Valid Safe Food Handling certificate
- Working Effectively with Others
- Experience in the hospitality industry as a cook or chef
- To be empathetic, generous and versatile
- Enjoy providing high quality services
- Have an interest in working at sea
- Have a good sense of organization and priorities
- Able to work irregular schedules
- Taste for adventure and travel!