This position reports to the Executive Chef or designate and is part of the Café and Catering team. The primary focus will be to lead the preparation and food service of meals in a quickly growing event business.
- Assist with hiring, training, coaching and leading the culinary team
- Assist with designing menus using locally sourced ingredients and keep up-to-date with current food trends
- Assist with implementing menu and recipe standards to ensure consistency in appearance, taste and costing
- Order stock and supplies and monitor inventory levels
- Oversee cooking, preparing and serving of dishes during events
- Assist with the day-to-day production of the café menu and internal craft service requirements
- Coordinate with the Executive Chef and monitor payroll expenditures, expenses and food costs keeping in accordance with budgetary guidelines
- Adhere to the Stratford Festival Health & Safety Commitment and Procedures, and ensure that safe work practices and policies are supported and enforced within reporting structure.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years culinary experience supervising, coaching and training employees
- Minimum five years’ experience in the culinary industry
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal communication
- Strong supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing kitchen staff
Preference will be given to candidates with Canadian Red Seal or completion of a diploma or degree in culinary arts. Candidates must be available to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
This Seasonal full time position is located in Stratford, Ontario and will begin immediately. Peak hours align with the Theatre season, but part-time contract work in the off-season is available.
The posting will be open until the position is filled.
Salary range information is available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
The Festival is working diligently toward a safe and healthy workplace for everyone. We welcome applicants of every identity, and encourage applications from Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, Deaf, disabled and 2SLGBTQ+ folks. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and beyond. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
If you feel you could make a meaningful contribution to the Stratford Festival, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter in a single PDF to:
Subject: Head Chef, Catering
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.