The Head Chef is responsible for the operations of Toast & Jam and Savoury and Catering division of Bread & Butter. It is the responsibility of the Head Chef to ensure high food quality standards are met. They are responsible for ensuring that all staff are equipped with ingredients and equipment to perform their job duties efficiently and effectively. The Head Chef must communicate between all kitchen departments as well as the Front of House teams and Management to ensure all staff are aware of information related to their job functions. The Head Chef is the leader of the entire kitchen team and it is most important that they foster a kind, inclusive environment where all staff feel comfortable coming to work.
They are responsible for the health and well-being of staff working in the kitchen, as well as ensuring proper training.
The position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule as well as over the weekend.
- Foster an inclusive and positive kitchen atmosphere for all staff.
- Regularly reviewing and implementing processes to constantly improve the efficiency in the kitchen.
- Attract, Recruit, Train and Retain staff.
- Direct, Supervise and communicate with staff.
- Communicate with Front of House Staff on products, ingredients, and par levels.
- Develop menus in conjunction with department supervisor that is consistent with the concept and vision of business.
- Coordinate ordering/inventory of kitchen, including fostering relationships with suppliers.
- Controlling costing of products and menus.
- Comply and promote health and safety regulations.
- Maintain labour targets and scheduling.
- Ensure staff are recognized and adequately rewarded for performances.
Must be available weekends, complete benefit package including life insurance, long term disability and employee assistance program, relocation expenses paid for those moving to the city for the job, pay rate starting at $50,000/year.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Must maintain a level of professionalism and communicate effectively.
- Must show enthusiasm for the job and the business.
- Must be considerate, patient, and willing to help all employees.
- Must be able to tolerate pressure and work calmly and efficiently during busy times.
- Able to work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail, ability to multi-task
- Must have good supervisory skills.
- Must have good communication
- Must be skilled in time management.
- Must have teaching and motivational skills.
|Minimum Education Required||Diploma in Culinary Management (or 5 years of relevant experience)|
|Minimum Work Experience||5-10 years in a commercial kitchen at least 3 years in a management positions|
|Supervision Received||The Head Chef will receive ongoing support from the President and General Manager and will report directly to them. They are expected to perform duties and responsibilities independently and given general direction.|
|Communication Skills||The duties require excellent communication skills as the Head Chef is responsible for communicating across all departments.|
|Supervision of Staff||The Head Chef is responsible for all kitchen supervisors and ultimately the staff that works for them.|
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume.