Olympia Sports Camp in Huntsville is looking for Prep Cooks, to join a fast-paced kitchen! There are several positions available, Contract lengths vary.
- Prepare salads, fruits platters or similar items, ensuring attractive presentation.
- Wash, peel, and cut vegetables
- Assist in receiving deliveries, ensuring all supplies are checked for quality, labeled, stored and rotated properly following the FIFO method
- Assist the cooks with meal preparation and other kitchen tasks
- Serve and assist in the service of meals in back and front of house. Meals can be served family style, cafeteria style or to go.
- Stock kitchen as requested
- Ensure the completion of required documentation, such as daily meal temperature sheet, daily fridge and freezer temperature and daily task list
- Clean/sanitize dining tables, dishes, glasses, cutlery, pots, and pans
- Ensure that health and safety, sanitation and Safe food handling standards are followed and maintained
- Find opportunities to positively interact with campers, guests, and camp staff
- Contribute to a supportive and positive work environment.
- 1-2 years of experience in a food service environment
- strong interest in continuing to develop in the food service industry
- ability to learn and complete tasks as assigned
- ability to work under pressure and switch tasks as needed
- Safe food Handlers Certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Clear criminal background check
- Able to work on their feet up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs bags and boxes
Very Competitive pay, free employee accommodation and free food and beverage. If you are seeking a challenging, fun, and great learning environment, Olympia Sports Camp is ideal for you. Use of all facilities when they are not in use by groups or campers. Situated on a lake with use of private 1.5 km beach front.
Apply Online; https://olympiasportscamp.campbrainstaff.com/