Summerhill Market is a boutique grocery store chain in Toronto that specializes in scratch-made prepared foods and on-trend ingredients. Our stores go above and beyond a typical grocery store by offering an extensive rotating selection of ready to eat gourmet meals, freshly baked goodies, and curated hard to find groceries.
Summerhill Market Commissary Kitchen is looking for a Production Cook to be part of a team that produces our famous and sough-after prepared foods that our customers love!
As a Production Cook, you will be working in large batch production; chopping, dicing and cooking and will hand off your finished product to our dedicated packaging team!
The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning about new styles of cuisine and maintaining the utmost in taste and quality.
Your number one priority is to ensure that you are working as a productive team member, to prep the prepared food that is delivered daily to our Grocery store locations for our customers. You will do this by:
- Following the recipes provided by your Team Lead
- Prepping and assembling ingredients used in our food production
- Cooking and baking ingredients, dependent on recipe
- Adhering to proper usage of equipment such as knives and labeling equipment
- Properly labeling and storing supplies in refrigerators and other storage areas, as needed
- Organizing your work area and always maintaining strict cleaning standards
- Always Maintaining health and safety standards as well as food safety and handling
- Leading by example, and assisting team members with other tasks, as needed
- Experience in a commercial kitchen, working as a member of a culinary team, an asset
- Post-secondary culinary arts program preferred
- Excellent knife skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to prioritize and time manage
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Ability to work with commercial equipment including stand mixers, ovens, torches,
If this sounds like the role for you, we offer some pretty cool perks!
- Complimentary work uniform (chef coats are provided)
- Awesome discount on everything we sell!
- Benefits for Full-Time Associates after 1 year of Employment
- Weekly pay
- Easily accessible location
At Summerhill Market, we are an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages diversity in the workplace. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and Employees and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or any other characteristic protected by local law. Should you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please email your resume to: