Head Server – Culinaria Restaurant
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years food and beverage experience, preferably in Catered events.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and helpful personality.
- Provide assistance in the serving of guests during all meetings/events to ensure positive experiences
- Set up all meeting rooms to include glassware, coffee mugs, linens, etc. when required
- Set up and break down of all catered food and beverages, including washing dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand.
- Stock supplies such as refreshments and utensils in all break areas including cupboards and refrigerators.
- Serve all beverage and food in the appropriate order so as to ensure consistency throughout meetings/events.
- Quickly remove dishes as guests finish each meal or at the end of each meal.
- Replenish beverages when necessary in a timely manner, and check with attendees to make sure they are satisfied.
- After the all meetings, reset each room to ensure the readiness of the room for other events.
- Ensure that all receiving, storage, function and service areas are clean and presentable.
- Keep informed of all functions and activities by reading catering requisitions and memos on a regular basis.
- Proactive in the smooth operation of the department by answering phones, addressing guest concerns and foreseeing any problems.
- Co-ordinate the general housekeeping of all meeting spaces, break areas and staff rooms.
- Maintain open communication with management and other employees.
- Greet and welcome clients and respond to their requests in a courteous and friendly manner
- Maintain a friendly and approachable attitude towards all clients and staff
- Maintain a professional appearance and mannerism
- Resolve guest problems.
- Any reasonable tasks as requested by Supervisor.