Fontbonne Ministries was founded in June 2000 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto to respond to changing societal needs. Sponsorship of Fontbonne Ministries was transferred to Catholic Health Sponsors of Ontario (CHSO) on February 2, 2022.
Fontbonne Ministries offers a variety of programs and supports addressing food and housing insecurity, social isolation, and loneliness.
The Program Support role is accountable for providing a broad array of assistance for the successful implementation of Fontbonne Ministries diverse services. This position requires a team member who is multifaceted in program operations, as well as easily able to handle inquiries from the public. This part time position will provide primary support to the food program. The core accountabilities are assisting with food preparation, delivering and serving meals, washing and cleaning equipment, and putting away stock items as required.
Acting in accordance with Fontbonne Ministries, mission, vision, values and policies in all dealings.
• Assisting Program Coordinator in the planning, monitoring inventories, preparation and facilitation of programs/activities.
• Cleaning and sanitizing food preparation areas to establish proper hygiene.
• Washing and storing all cooking appliances, utensils, cutting boards and dishes.
• Assisting staff and volunteers by performing preparatory tasks, including washing and cutting produce, combining ingredients in recipes.
• Providing program support and/or program delivery on an as needed basis.
• Offering suggestions on how to enhance program capacity and service accessibility.
Public and Participant Engagement
• Welcoming service users, including assisting new participants in joining programming.
• Assisting in bringing forward program participant issues/concerns to the Program Coordinator or Program Manager for follow-up.
• Intervening in program participant/group conflict if appropriate, and models strong social skills at all times.
• Assisting with tracking program metrics for reporting purposes.
• Helping organize program work space including set-up and clean-up.
• Ensuring that the appropriate program supplies are available.
• Engaging actively in organizational training sessions, planning sessions, staff meetings.
• Performing other duties as required.
• Providing back up to other Program staff during periods of vacation, illness or other
• Post-secondary education or equivalent relevant experience an asset
• Completion of any culinary courses an asset
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
• Food Handling Certificate Required (or willingness to obtain).
• First Aid/Level C CPR Certificate (or willingness to obtain) an asset.
• Minimum 2-3 years of direct experience in food program support an asset or related
• Experience with use of kitchen equipment.
• Experience working with priority populations including but not limited to, seniors and/or
vulnerable communities is an asset.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Knowledge of sanitation codes, cooking techniques and methods.
• Understanding of health and safety regulations regarding food preparation and storage.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure, be flexible and ability to work in a fast-paced fluid
• Ability to work collaboratively within teams and with community partners.
Please apply in writing by March 10, 2023.
Applications/Resumes may be faxed (416) 429-7921 or emailed CSJHR@csj-to.ca
Fontbonne Ministries values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We are committed to
providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians
with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you require accommodation during any stage of the
recruitment process, please notify Human Resources CSJHR@csj-to.ca or (416) 467-2635.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any
information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment
recruitment purposes only.